Hello BPS Community from Michelle

Dear Families of Brighton Primary School,
My name is Michelle Smith and I am delighted to be appointed as the Assistant Principal for Literacy improvement at BPS. My role here is to ensure that we provide all the children of BPS with the best teaching possible in literacy, using relevant and contemporary international research to guide us.
My knowledge and experience in teaching and learning in literacy has been built over the years, teaching and leading in a variety of schools and roles. Recently, I won a position as a member of the department’s Literacy Guarantee Unit as a Literacy Coach supporting teachers in classrooms to deliver effective phonics programs. Furthermore, I designed and delivered literacy workshops around the state for teachers and leaders. I hope to be able to add value to the great teaching and learning happening already at BPS.
On a personal level, I am a migrant from the UK who has come to love Adelaide, and especially the Brighton and Glenelg area. My family made this area our home 14 years ago and we have no regrets! It is most definitely a ‘sea-change’ from London where we came from!
It has been wonderful to meet a few of you already and to greet many of you at the Brighton Road gates this week. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any enquiries regarding reading, writing and all things literacy.
Yours sincerely,
Michelle Smith

One thought on “Hello BPS Community from Michelle