After School Sports – Suspended

Our after school sports have taken the direction from Health SA, and suspended all games.

As our sports had a maximum of 3 weeks of games left before the end of term, a 2 week suspension in play means it may be a big ask to get the games up and running for the last week.  For this reason 2 of our sports have ‘called’ the end of the season.  Sports that have ended are Volleyball and Tee ball.  As Basketball is an indoor sport, it is unlikely to return for it’s last week (30/11-4/12) – so I have asked coaches and managers to prepare by getting the singlet’s back.  SACA – Cricket will keep us in the loop with their decision as time passes.

I recognise many of you probably have questions, of which I may not have answers for you yet.

Here’s a quick snap shot:

*I have ordered medals, which means each player will be presented with one.  If we can’t meet up as teams, I will package up with chips etc and visit classes to thank our players.

*I have not received any information from Volleyball SA or SACA regarding if they will be able to provide any part refunds.  Tee Ball and Basketball registrations are unlikely to be able to offer part refunds as most of term 4 part of the fee is to cover the medals etc.

*I will continue to communicate with Team Managers and Coaches – who will contact you with further information if and when it comes to hand.

*Volleyball Clinic – I am hopeful we can continue to offer the Year 6/7 Clinic next Monday 23/11.

A huge thank you to all our coaches, managers, players and their families for supporting school sport, let’s see what 2021 brings!

Take care

Jan-Marie