Covid -19 Update number 5 THANK YOU

I would like to express my sincere thanks to all parents and caregivers who have embraced our new approach regarding  dropping off  students at school in the morning. All parents dropped their students off, either at the gate or at classroom entrances, which was exactly in keeping with what we requested. Parents have also abided by our request not to enter the front office, which also is greatly appreciated. I ask that at pick up time, the same approach is demonstrated.

Most importantly, I was very impressed with the independence all our students demonstrated this morning, taking themselves into their class rooms. There may be a few positives that come from this challenging time and one of those could be continuing to build upon our student’s resilience and independence.

Well done to our students and parents/caregivers.

Ian

4 thoughts on “Covid -19 Update number 5 THANK YOU

1. Great to hear some positivity Ian but I have to say the official response to this pandemic is either confused or illogical. Why cancel after school sports when the kids have been together all day? How can you practice social distancing in a classroom? Do the kids sit 1.5metres apart? How safe is this situation for the teachers?The minor gains in not having parents in classrooms seems completely off set by the fact we’re all interacting as normal anyway. I understand these things aren’t your call, so I guess in turn you should understand why I dont have faith in the safety processes being enforced right now.

2. Yes, I second Melissa’s comments.. all your efforts and dedication to taking good care of our kids is very appreciated. Thank you to all the staff at the school for doing your best for them at this stressful time.

3. Thank you Ian and the school community for your ongoing efforts and for taking the best possible care of our kids.