After School Sports Update – COVID-19 Response: Term 1 Volleyball, Run Club + Term 2 School Footy, Soccer + Summer Fees & Winter Invoices

Hi Everyone

Volleyball SASpikezone A decision has been made to suspend games for the remainder of the term.  The Year 6/7 Volleyball Clinic scheduled for Thursday afternoon is also postponed to term 4.

Run Club – Following the lead of other sports, Run Club will suspend sessions until further notice

School Footy SANFL will delay starting it’s school footy season until at least 31 May.  As advised yesterday I am still required to submit teams in the hope it can get up and running as soon as the all clear has been given.

Soccer Southern Junior Districts Soccer Association are reviewing their upcoming season.  There are 3 options in discussion, including a delayed launch similar to that of school footy (SANFL).

Sports Invoices and Payments – at this stage all our sport associations are working on logistics & cancellations, their staff, and communications.  Once the dust has settled, I am sure discussions regarding fees will occur.  If any decrease in fees are put in place for our school’s summer teams, I will communicate this, and BPS will pass on this reduction on to you via a credit.

As previously advised, Brighton Primary will not invoice our winter season sports until the season commences.  Once again, if delays result in decreasing of fees, we will pass these on to you and invoice accordingly.  To be eligible to be registered to play in a winter team sport, all summer sports fees need to be paid in full (unless you have a payment plan in place).

Thanks again for your support and understanding at this time.  I will continue to keep you updated with this evolving situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.