COVID-19 Rocky Update

In an attempt to brighten the day of our younger students, I brought my rescue dog Rocky to school on Friday, to meet our Foundation and Year 1 students. Rocky was very well behaved and the students were clearly excited. I have previously brought Rocky to school during Book Week, when I have read  ‘Harry the Dirty Dog’ by Gene Zion to the students -Rocky is a brown and white version of Harry. Parents should be aware that Rocky is a Registered Therapy Dog and is able to visit schools, nursing homes and the like. It was a lot of fun.

Ian

16 thoughts on “COVID-19 Rocky Update

1. You’re a special man Ian, and we afe fortunate to have our daughter in your school.
    Take care, keep safe,
    Andrew

1. Very kind Andrew and Andrea-we are all doing our very best to ensure we work through this together. I am very pleased that your daughter has settled in well.
      Ian

2. I can’t believe I’ve been looking for someone to ask about therapy dog training and it was you all along! Selfishly sad I missed him! Do bring him again 🙂

1. I will bring him again Amanda. When we rescued Rocky, he already had his Therapy Dog certificate, which was a great bonus.
      Ian

3. I love this!
    We watched an online version of Harry the Dirty Dog on Friday morning. It makes me feel like I’m doing something right when it comes to home schooling – which I am sooo not ready for 😳🤯😬

1. Well done Penny-welcome to our world as teachers. I really appreciate your comment. PS Harry the Dirty Dog is a great book!
      Ian

4. This sounded like a great experience had by my son in foundation!
    Thank you to all teachers and for finding special ways to keep their hearts filled with joy!