As you read in this post, we are heading towards releasing our access to the Sentral Parent Portal / App. In preparation you can go ahead and download the app from your devices App Store.
If you have previously had access to the “Parent Portal” that we used in the past for Three Way Interviews, your login is still active – you will need to follow steps 1-3 below, and then either login with your credentials – or click forgot password and follow that through.
- Download the app. Depending on your device, visit either the Apple App Store, or the Google Play Store.
- Search for our school “Brighton Primary School” in the search box.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Register here.
- Enter your details.
- Tap Create Account. This process also creates a Sentral Parent Portal account. You can use the login details created here to access the app, and the Parent Portal.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Click the link in the confirmation email to verify your details.
- Log in to the app.
To see this process in a video please click here.
Please note that when you are creating your password it must meet a minimum of 3 of the following criteria
- At least 1 Uppercase Letter
- At least 1 Lower Case Letter
- At least 1 Number
- At least 1 Symbol
This is as far as you can go until we then release the student keys. We will soon, by way of email, be distributing these secure student keys. Please make sure the email address we hold for you is current and update if necessary. These student keys are a ‘one use’ key allowing you to link to your child and no one else. We will send one unique key to each parent registered in our system. Further keys can be requested in the future for extra family members, but unless critical, we ask you to hold off on requesting them this term. Our focus is to get the registered parent/caregivers linked in time for reports at the end of this term.
We will communicate via the blog as to when the keys have been released as an extra prompt to look out for them – remember to look in your junk/spam folders as they will often trigger the filters due to mass emails leaving the server.