Due to the demolition of LA 4 and the canteen during the July school holidays, Brighton OSHC will be operating with a limited capacity each day. The service will only be catering for 60 students a day. This will allow the service to run excursions 4 days a week (being offsite during the demolition) and for the required supervision around the demolition and new build. The Courts and gymnasium will be out of access/bounds during these holidays. You can be assured that we have taken every appropriate precaution to ensure the safety of all students and OSHC educators.
The service will be running from LA3 (foundation class) and the steam room.
The priority for filling the vacant places during the July school holidays, will follow the priority of access guidelines for childcare services.
Priorities for filling vacant places The Priority of Access Guidelines must be used by approved services to allocate available child care places where there are more families requiring care than places available.
When filling vacant places, a service must fill them according to the following priorities:
• Priority 1 – a child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
• Priority 2 – a child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work, training, study test
• Priority 3 – any other child.
Within these main Priority categories, priority should also be given to children in:
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
• families which include a disabled person
• families which include an individual whose adjusted taxable income does not exceed the lower income threshold of $43,727 for 2015-2016 or who or whose partner is on income support
• families from a non-English speaking background
• socially isolated families
We will be releasing the Vac care program on Monday the 7th of June and will be accepting bookings from Tuesday the 8th of June. There will be a box for you to tick for which priority your family will fall under. Due to priority of access, bookings will only be confirmed after the 15th of June.
We are sorry for any inconvenience that this limited capacity may cause your family.
Ben, Jack, Georgia and the Brighton OSHC team.