Sports – Update

Good Afternoon

A quick post to let you know I haven’t forgotten sports.  Please find an update below:

• I am working with the Department for Education in clarifying sporting guidelines that I was sent mid last week.
  • The Department for Education’s new guidelines mostly align with SA Health’s easing of restrictions that was released last week.
  • There are slight differences between community sport and school sport COVID guidelines. I really want to make sure we can support, and fully understand, our new requirements before moving forward.
  • We recognise our sports are run by volunteers, and we are in the process of understanding when our sport volunteers will be cleared and welcomed back on site.
  • The new requirements will mean changes for everyone eg. Coaches will need to follow hygiene measures, Team Managers will need to manage having forms completed by spectators. Spectators are one per student, and are required to physical distance.  Players will be expected to follow hygiene guidelines and behaviours.
  • I anticipate some sports eg netball and soccer, may return in term 3, with an 8 week fixture.  At this stage I have not received any indication regarding a return date for basketball, volleyball and school footy.

Thank you to everyone for your flexibility and understanding as we meander our way through this time of change.  I will be in touch.

Jan-Marie

One thought on “Sports – Update