COVID-19 Update number 12 CLARIFICATION

Just to clarify re week 11. The 4 Pupil Free Days are for staff to undertake planning and training in readiness for term 2. Students are either at home or booked into OSHC. NO student will be catered for at school-just like any other Pupil Free Day-it is just that we have never had 4 Pupil Free Days in a row before. School/class teachers will not be providing learning at home for week 11.

Regarding attendance in term 2. Brighton Primary School will be open for any student in term 2. I see an essential worker as anyone who has a job-a nurse, a Woolworths’ shelf stacker, a garbage truck driver, a doctor. I will update all parents in the middle of next week regarding what ‘at school, at home learning’ looks like for term 2. Staff are working very hard to develop a high quality approach, F to year7.

With regard to the ‘Intentions for Term 2’ post. Parents have been asked to update the school re your  intentions for next term-that is, if your child/children are either at school, or at home. Please add your thoughts in the comment box if you may adopt a combination of both. I hope that this post is now very clear for all.

Ian

29 thoughts on “COVID-19 Update number 12 CLARIFICATION

1. Hi Ian,

Great to see all your advice to clarify the way ahead next term.

One thing I would like to know is if I say I will do learning at home, can I change my mind mid term and send our child back to school (eg. if we see the virus spread subside earlier)?

2. Thank you everyone, school staff and community.

I am having difficulty giving him proper education at home. I am on my own with my two sons,

I am a health care worker with changing schedule.

I will prefer him to be at school in next term

Wishing everyone to be safe and happy

3. Form has been filled out…but I do want to say we are very proud to be part of the Brighton Primary community, you guys are doing an incredible job in supporting kids & parents! Thank you:)

4. Assuming that we will be continuing to work from home in term 2 it is our intention to keep our children home with us

5. Ian and staff, I am thankful and in awe of your amazing response in supporting students and their families during the COVID-19 situation.

You are all stars.

1. Wow-thank you Leonie. It certainly has been challenging but we are working our way through this challenge as best we can.
      Ian

6. Hi Ian & Staff..
    Thanks for everything to date in these crazy times! Ryan is adapting to being home schooled at the moment, as it’s something new for him and us & Aaron is being very informative with everything. We try to stick with the school hours (give or take!). We are trying to make it as normal as possible for the Boys, with recess, lunch, etc… even with Aidan who is in Year 10 @ Brighton Secondary, we are doing linear equations, algebra etc.. 😮 (Thank the lord for YouTube!) . We will make this work…Stay safe everyone… Xx

1. Thanks Cathy-all the best to you and Ryan as you navigate through this huge challenge-also to Aiden! You keep safe also.
      Ian

7. Ian, I am considering 3 on and 2 off? Not sure if there’s much point doing that – all or none probably makes more sense?

Anyway, you guys are amazing so informative, and I hope you’re all doing ok..

1. Hi Hayley. We will accommodate what ever arrangements parents make. It may be challenging but that is a parent decision. Thanks for your kind words.
      Ian

8. Any student…or any student of essential workers Term 2 is open for? I find it frustrating that people who are stay at home mums/dads are still sending their kids to school and adding to numbers! This increases risks of infection to teachers and other students who need to be there due to parents unable to care for them during the day!

1. Hi Sar. DfE and I are very clear regarding who attends school-and that is a decision made by parents. I make no judgement about home circumstances, but rather state that it is our role to teach those students who attend. We will now be moving to ‘at home learning’ as well, which will be finalised next week and shared with our community as soon as we can. An essential worker is ANYONE who has a job.
      Ian

9. Hi Ian, thank you for this communication and all your efforts to help keep our children as safe as possible while still having access to an education. In forming our intention of what to do in Term 2 – can you please explain whether parents of those students that remain in school or take a ‘school when parental work required’ approach will receive the same level of online support and guidance on the learning activities and resources supplied (online) as those that elect to keep their children at home in Term 2? Can any clarification be given on how the online Microsoft Teams / Seesaw approach will be structured? Thanks, Liz

1. Liz-as you can appreciate this is very challenging for all of us as educators and I am very proud of the way my staff are taking on those challenges. We will do our best to support the learning of every child, under both circumstances-at home, at school. As to how it will be structured Teams and SeeSaw ?-further details will be provided next week.
      Ian

10. We will likely adopt both, if that’s something the school is able to support. I’m just conscious that it may be disruptive to learning so still considering.

1. We will except students under any circumstance Melissa. You are correct however-it may be disruptive to your child’s learning. Again it is your choice regarding what you do.
      Ian