EALD and LEARNING SUPPORT 2020

EALD & Learning Support 2020

My name is Charlotte Archbold and I provide learning support and assist children who have English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD).

I have worked as a primary and early years educator for many years. I have specialised in Learning Support and EALD for the past ten years. I have a Master’s degree in Studies of Asia and have spent time teaching in the UK, across Australia, and in Indonesia. In addition to teaching I enjoy writing stories for children and young adults and have had my creative work published.

You can find me upstairs, opposite the music room, in Learning Area 2. I am at school each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

EALD support for children is determined by the DECD Language and Literacy levels. Teaching and learning programs will be delivered in whole class sessions, small groups and individually.

Term 1 Overview

Foundation children will be scaffolded in small group sessions with a focus on oral language. We will be exploring language associated with school and family, prepositional phrases and phonemic awareness.

Year 1 & 2 children will be working on personal recounts and identity.

Year 3, 4, 5 children will be looking at global issues such as bush fires and climate solutions. This will be developed through persuasive texts.

Year 6 & 7 children will be supported in class, individually or in study groups with assignments, homework, and the learning intentions of the Year 6 and 7 communities.

Harmony Week, Monday 16 March 2020 – Sunday 22 March 2020, will be actively promoted. Harmony Week celebrates Australia’s cultural diversity. It’s about inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone.

I will be available for a chat on Acquaintance Night. Please feel free to pop in or contact me any time.

My contact email is charlotte.archbold233@schools.sa.edu.au

Charlotte Archbold