Three orchestras, consisting of approximately 30-35 public school students, will be formed to accompany the choir and perform featured orchestral items.
Each orchestra consists of a string section, a wind section and a rhythm section and will rehearse at one of three locations across the metropolitan area.
Orchestra is open to any Department for Education student who will be in Years 5-10 in 2020. (The student’s school does not need to be participating in the Festival.)
Orchestra members must attend:
- Weekly rehearsals from 4:20pm to 6:00pm (one night a week)
- Full day or half day workshops as required (maximum of 2)
- 2 full day offsite rehearsals
- 4 rehearsals and 4 performances at the Festival Theatre
- Northern Metro and Southern Metro Music Festivals (details to be advised in 2020)
Please note that extra workshops and/or rehearsals may take place to further develop the students’ learning. There may also be venue changes. These will be advised as early as possible to assist in your planning. Orchestra is open to public school students in Years 5 – 10.
Central Orchestra – Glenunga Int High School (to be confirmed) Wednesdays 4:20pm – 6:00pm
North Orchestra – Klemzig PSMF Office