This week is National Volunteer Week where we say a big thank you to all our school community who volunteer in many areas around the school. There is no way we could do without you. From working in the Canteen and Library, to the many who coach and manage sporting teams. To those that sit on committees and help out in classrooms on excursions, camps or run Pedal Prix. Without you, very few of these things would get off the ground.
Here are some facts for you:
- There are an estimated 1 billion volunteers worldwide
- 93% of volunteers saw positive outcomes as a direct result of their voluntary participation.
- Volunteering plays a vital role in the development of social cohesion and social connection – both of which help alleviate loneliness.
- Volunteering provides an outlet for the exploration and development of personal interests outside of the workplace.
- The time given by volunteers worldwide is equivalent to 109 million full-time employees.
So from the Students, Staff and School Community of Brighton Primary School, we say a very big THANK YOU!