Know a Year 6 or 7 student who would make an amazing Festival of Music host?
If so, tell them about this wonderful opportunity to introduce acts and inform the audience about our Festival Choir on the Festival Theatre stage. Auditions will be held in May at Klemzig and Gilles Street Primary School. For more information see the link below.
Each concert performance will have two hosts (from Years 6 or 7) who will work as a team to:
- present the performance to the audience
- announce the national anthem and welcome the audience
- introduce the songs
- acknowledge soloists and special guests
- introduce Assisting Artists,
- thank all concerned at the conclusion of the concert
- and deliver safety information
Hosts will be visible to the audience for the whole concert, presenting in a manner that supports the feel and look of the performance.
- Students do not need to be choir members to be Hosts.
- Students do not need to be from a school which has a choir.
- If Hosts are choir members they will sing in the choir with their school and Host on another night.
- Students who are in Troupe or Orchestra cannot be Hosts.
- Confident, self-disciplined and good at working in a team
- Animated, flexible, expressive and energetic
- Able to attend all workshops/rehearsals and their performance.
A Host’s commitment and responsibilities;
- Hosts’ Workshop 1: Sunday July 28th (Term 3 week 1) 10:00 to 4:00pm at PSMF Klemzig, 28 Hay St, Klemzig.
- Hosts’ workshop 2: Sunday August 4th (Term 3 week 2) 10:00 to 4:00pm at PSMF Klemzig, 28 Hay St, Klemzig.
- Hosts’ workshop 3: Sunday August 25th (Term 3 week 5) 10:00am to 4:00pm at PSMF Klemzig, 28 Hay St, Klemzig.
- Attendance at a rehearsal at the Magic Millions, Morphettville (during Weeks 5 and 6 in Term 3).
- Hosts’ workshop 4: Monday September 2nd (Term 3 week 7) 10:00am to 4:00pm at PSMF Klemzig, 28 Hay St, Klemzig.
- Attendance at a familiarisation of the Festival Theatre on a date to be confirmed.
- Attendance at a rehearsal and performance at the Festival Theatre during Weeks 8 & 9 Term 3.
All of the above require compulsory attendance.