NEW INTERNET CONNECTION

The following is an email I received from Scott Bayliss, Executive Director, ICT Services, DfE following the recent upgrade of our high speed fibre optic internet connection. I am been very impressed with support and enthusiasm Scott has brought to the role. Exciting times ahead for our school!

Ian

I have just been advised that your school became the 23rd school in the state to be connected to our system’s new high-speed internet connectivity solution (a whopping 400Mb/400Mb connection) – congratulations.

Being one of the first schools to receive a high-speed, fibre optic internet connection is a landmark moment you should be very proud of.  Not only is this a game changer for your school, staff and students, it’s also helping to elevate the standard of education right across our state.  Your new connection is significantly faster than your previous one and your teachers and students should experience a real improvement.

You have an exciting journey ahead and I want to let you know the department’s ICT Services division is here to support you 100% along the way – if you have any concerns or problems at all, please get in contact with me.  The new internet service will enable a raft of new experiences for your school community and I’m keen to hear how your school embraces and springboards off it – we’re always keen to share the learnings and opportunities across our system.

Scott Bayliss