END OF YEAR THANKS

SPECIAL THANKS MIKE DELEAN

Special thanks to Mike Delean who completes 19 years of dedicated service to the Brighton Primary School community at the conclusion of this year. Mike was appointed to Brighton Primary School as a year 6/7 teacher in 1997 and taught for 8 years before moving to Warradale Primary School. In 2007 he won the Assistant Principal role at our school (Teaching and Learning, Numeracy Focus) and then in 2014 won the Deputy Principal role at our school.

Mike has been an outstanding teacher and leader during this time, where he consistently demonstrated his commitment to ‘all things Brighton’. His willingness to take on new challenges, particularly stretching and growing as a learner and his support for our students and staff was unwavering. I have sincerely appreciated having Mike to guide and support me in my first year as Principal at Brighton – I knew I could always rely on his assistance, his advice and his friendship.

Special thanks Mike for your absolute commitment to our school over such a long period of time. We all wish you the very best as you take on your next professional challenge as Assistant Principal at Goodwood Primary. They are indeed very lucky.

THANKS GOVERNING COUNCIL

Thanks to all members of our 2018 Governing Council for your commitment to our school throughout this year. Without a doubt, in my 30 plus years as a leader, I now have the most committed and hard working group of parents as never before. Special thanks to Simon Froude for undertaking the Chairperson role so well.

Thanks also to each and every one of you for your role in our range of sub committees.

A big thanks also to our Parents & Friends group of highly committed and hard working parents who are so ‘student focussed’. Special thanks to Bec for leading such an enthusiastic group.

ALL THE VERY BEST

I offer my best wishes to our Governing Council, staff, students and our Brighton Primary School community for Xmas and New Year. I hope you all have the opportunity to spend some quality family time together and enjoy a well-deserved break.

Ian

3 thoughts on “END OF YEAR THANKS